Going Dutch: Exploring "Beer in the Netherlands" 2023
Bierweek29 april 2023 - 11 mei 2023
Schiphol (gemeente Haarlemmermeer)
zaterdag 29 april 2023 21.00 uur - donderdag 11 mei 2023 om 19.00 uur
Pub Culture Beercations is proud to present the latest beercation into the world of Dutch craft beer with “Going Dutch - Beer in the Netherlands”. Join award-winning beer and travel writer and global expert on Dutch beer culture, Tim Skelton, and Pub Culture Beercation’s owner, guide, and almost honorary Dutchie, Chris Bettini, for a 12-night tour exploring Beers in the Netherlands!
When embarking on the “Going Dutch” beercation you will not only visit some of the best craft breweries, taprooms, pubs, and cafés in the Netherlands, you will also experience food and beer pairings, beer tastings, and several pub crawls, all based on information found in Tim’s books!
While this is a beercation, you do not just drink beer all day. “Going Dutch” allows you to take in some "touristy” things as well as cultural and historical locations around the Netherlands. During the tour you will visit the spring bulb fields and famous Keukenhof gardens, the windmills of Kinderdijk, a Dutch cheese farm, a traditional clog maker, locations important to the Pilgrims after leaving England for the “New World”, and WWII locations important to the ill-fated Operation Market Garden made famous in the movie “A Bridge Too Far”.
This is a group tour, but Pub Culture Beercations plans the itineraries with plenty of free time for you to enjoy activities on your own in the various towns and cities. Discover amazing museums, book personal private guided tours, make reservations at signature restaurants, or search out those small cafes and neighborhood bars to mingle with the locals. Take part in the full Pub Culture Beercation experience, “exploring the world one pint at a time”.
Pub Culture Beercation tours not only showcase and spotlight some more famous and well-known locations every traveler wants to see, but also take you off the beaten path to search out those local favorite spots, with locations often overlooked by larger, more expensive, tour groups and companies.
Chris and Tim hope you will join them, and Pub Culture Beercations, for a trip you will be talking about with friends, over pints, for years - one that promises plenty of Dutch culture and stunning sightseeing locations, with camaraderie, laughter, and of course, plenty of amazing Dutch craft beers along the way!
- exploring Beer in the Netherlands with award-winning beer & travel author Tim Skelton, including signed copies of “Beer in the Netherlands” and “Around Amsterdam in 80 Beers”
- 12-nights hotel stay in centrally located, comfortable 3 and 4-star hotels, overnight in the Dutch cities of Amsterdam, Den Burg on the island of Texel, Groningen, Nijmegen, Utrecht, Rotterdam, and Haarlem
- breakfast included every day at hotels
- 6 lunches (including gratuity)
- 6 beer-paired dinners (including gratuity)
- 12 beer tastings
- visit at least 12 Dutch breweries
- tours, tastings and lunches/diners at Brouwerij Martinus, Stadsbrouwerij De Hemel, vandeStreek Bier, Brouwerij De Molen, Stadsbrouwerij Pelgrim, Kaapse Brouwers, and the Jopen Brewery
- 6 pub crawls with Tim Skelton and local beery friends - including one by boat! Amsterdam (3), Nijmegen, Utrecht, Rotterdam
- ground transportation by private VIP motor coach provided by Brouwer’s Tours, including water, soft drinks, and beer on the bus
- PubCulture.Beer Amsterdam Canal Cruise and Proeflokaal Pub Crawl, enjoy the canals of Amsterdam while visiting 3 of Amsterdam’s best breweries by boat: Brouwerij ‘t IJ, Wallhalla Brewery, and Oedipus Brewery… plus, an “Intro to Dutch Beer” Tasting with Morebeer’s Peter van der Arend
- tour welcome dinner at one of Amsterdam’s newest beer paired gastropub - Het Lagerhuys
- Amsterdam’s MoreBeer Bar Crawl - visit 4 of the best beer bars in town
- admission to the Speciaalbier Festival in Den Bosch
- 2-hour bike tour of Amsterdam with Mike’s Bike Tours Amsterdam
- visit the island of Texel, known for its fantastic beaches, marvelous nature reserves, and 7 villages
- visit the world famous Afsluitdijk - a major example of Dutch engineering
- visit Vesting Bourtange - a Classic 18th Century Dutch Fortress
- WWII Operation Market Garden Tour with Murk Dikstra of HistoryTripsVisit
- the amazing Keukenhof Tulip Gardens in full bloom, including a guided tour
- Jopen Experience - brewery welcome, brewery tour with tasting & snack pairing
- beer paired dinner with Jopen’s beer sommelier, Jelle Yu, at Haarlem’s Jopenkerk
- tour and tasting at Clara Marie Cheese Farm and Clog Factory
- farewell group toast and appetizers at Haarlem’s Uiltje Bar
- transportation to Schiphol International Airport for departure the morning of May 12th
- any miscellaneous charges/transfer fees
- gratuities for included group meals and drinks
- all taxes and fees related to the cost of the tour
- ground transportation from airport to meeting point
- meals and beverages (including beers) outside those listed included in itinerary
- costs for excursions or activities listed as “OPTIONAL” in itinerary
- travel insurance (recommended)
- souvenirs or other optional purchases
- gratuities for drivers, hired tour guides, or group leaders
To be added to the Going Dutch mailing list, or to receive pricing information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aanvullingen voor deze pagina kunnen worden doorgegeven via feedback-knop: